A company with a vision

Dating back over 200 years

The history of Energietechnik Essen GmbH is rich in tried-and-tested solutions and innovations that offer huge potential for the future. This is the result of many years of dynamic growth. One hundred years ago, we were already producing retaining rings at our current site. Since 1975, we have added to this success story and built on it by manufacturing innovative nitrogen-alloyed steels.

1811 – Friedrich Krupp steel casting factory founded in Essen


1984 – Amalgamation of the Forging Technology units of Friedrich Krupp and Klöckner to form Schmiedewerke Krupp-Klöckner GmbH


1988 – Amalgamation of the forging activities of Krupp Stahl, Klöckner Stahl and Thyssen Stahl to form VSG


1994 – Partial shareholding in VSG Energy- und Forging Technology GmbH


2003 Energietechnik Essen GmbH taken over by Georgsmarienhütte Holding GmbH


more history